Friday, August 20, 2004

How Do You Feel?


Good lord, Bakerina, I feel like that all the time. My serotoninergic factory defaults are set to tab A for anhedonia into slot B for blue must be the color of the blues.

Though I can't say it'll improve my outlook any more than the Wellbutrin I can't seem to remember to take on a regular basis, I'll be travelling as well: a year ago my mother arranged a family gathering for next week at a rented cottage on lovely Torch Lake in northern Michigan. I won't be savoring the O'Hare to Traverse City leg on what will undoubtedly be one of those tiny commuter jets that always seem to be plummeting into a light industrial sector somewhere in the midwest, but I will claim no small enjoyment in watching L cavort with her older and greatly esteemed cousins.

It'll be nice to be in my old home state. Play the lotto, stock up on refreshments sadly unavailable here in Cackalacky, maybe find some late season cherries for that Joan of Tarts, Bakerina.

Erm, maybe it won't be so nice after all. Wish me luck.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm, cognac refreshments. Something about a warming drink and a cold-water lake just sounds so appealing right now -- although, left to my own devices, I'd overdo it on both and succumb to hypothermia. :)

Seriously, have a lovely time. Take pictures. And really, don't worry on the cherries. (But if you find any, she said hopefully...)

Bakerina (Joan of Tarts? Oh, my...)

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home