Wednesday, September 01, 2004

A Prarie Home Conundrum



I'm giving up on the news. Not going anywhere near a radio or television. And limiting my internet travels to the personal, not the political. Close to 50% of my demographically significant countrymen still swallow with mind-numbing servility the idea that the Worst President Ever is somehow a "man of conviction, willing to make the tough decisions".

What, pray tell, is their threshold for failure? What besides a blowjob would elicit the slightest perturbation, let alone a demand for impeachment, in the flag-addled minds of these red state imbeciles?

I mean, how far do things have to go to get Garrison Keillor pissed off?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch. That Garrison Keillor rant had to be the most painful-to-read, well written rant I've read in a long time.

Excuse me while I go and try to drown my sorrows in scotch. Golliard would agree if only she hadn't stopped drinking. I'll have a drink for her. Meanwhile, pie is second best.

'mouse

4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always heard is was "You don't change Dicks when you're getting screwed" from the old Nixon campaign. Or something like that.

I like it so much better when a president can get his rocks off the old fashioned way -- with an intern -- instead of the other old fashioned way -- by going out and killing people. Make love not war.

'mouse

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home